Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Queen of Everything Hipster


Hi!!  I hope today finds you well!!  I have another hipster card to share with you.  I had so much fun making this card!!! I've had the thought of using the Ostrich along with Tim's Idea-ology crown and then stamps from Quietfire's Queen of Everything set on my mind for awhile and now I've managed to take the time to put it all together.  Isn't she funny!!!!

I started with a piece of shaving cream technique paper that I had in a pile.  It's not a new paper and I either used Dylusions sprays or Distress sprays with the shaving cream technique to create the paper.  The ostrich was stamped on Mixed Media paper, die cut, and distress inks along with a water brush were used to add color.  Also some Distress marker was used.  The eyeglasses are coated with Enamel Accents grape soda.  I used the stencil (Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz) to create the rays.  First I inked through the stencil with DOX fossilized amber, dried it, decided to go back over it using the stencil and Texture Paste opaque white... it didn't just pull up the yellow ink but also the blue and purple making green, etc... so I dried the paste, put the stencil back on, inked with embossing ink, and added Buttercup embossing powder.  Then I wanted to extend some of the rays so extended the 3 center rays, one at a time putting the stencil on, adding embossing ink, removing the stencil, adding embossing powder, melting, and repeating for the other rays.  The crown is decked out with Enamel Accents topped with Distress Dry Glitter at the top. Sticky back gems were added on top of that along with other places on the crown.  I don't trust the adhesive on the gems so also glued them with Glossy Accents.  Oh, first I painted the crown with Distress Paint Brushed Pewter to brighten it up a bit.  


I love how the bottom background came out.  Onto Distress Mixed Media Heavy Stock I sprayed Buttercup Mica Spray.  I sprayed a lot to get a heavy coat of mica and dried it making sure it was totally dry.  The Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Flourish background was stamped with Embossing Ink and embossed with Queen's Gold powder.  It's really gorgeous in person!!  

I stamped Queen of Everything multiple times with Archival Ink.  Because of the mica behind it, it just wasn't getting as dark as I wanted so then also embossed it with detail black powder.  Looks fab... except that after it was all put together I noticed that "Queen of" goes slightly uphill.  It's about all I can see now and I'm really tempted to do that layer all over but I don't really have the time so, for now, it's what it is.   


I should have taken a picture of the before.  The crown has an area at the bottom that would actually be the back part of the crown as it went around a head (or that's how I see it anyway) and I hadn't really noticed/thought about it until after gluing the crown on.  It just didn't look right... so I cut the forehead area from a left over after die cutting all the layers of the image trimming it to fit exactly above the glassed and over that area of the crown, colored it and glued it on.  You don't hardly notice I did it, it worked so well!!!  Yay!!!!


I hope you enjoy this project!!!!

Hugs, Wanda


3 comments:

Quietfire said...

Lol, this is a scream! Too funny! Great combination!

Krista Hentges said...

Love it!! Reminds me of Tampico lol, queen of everything!

Julia Aston said...

So cute Wanda , or should I say regal!! Love that shaving cream swirl , the crown and perfect sentiment!