Friday, January 19, 2018

Seek


Hello!!!  Yep, it's gotten quieter on the blog... for two reasons.... as of last week I'm back out welding in the shop most days except that wasn't actually the case this week because I've been sick.  How sad is it to be in the house and not even have enough energy to do something fun, lol.  I'm feeling a bit better today and even got a little painty (not too much and then I was exhausted).  

I made this scripture card a couple of weeks ago.  It is 4" x 6".  I started by cutting a panel from a gel print.  That would be the rectangle blocks you see in the background.  I laid a mask on top and sprayed Distress Spray Stain over it.  Dried it.  Added stenciling along the left and right - the blue flowery images.  The blue is a metallic acrylic paint.  Yellow ink was added around the edges and then stamping with a small leafy image.  I printed the scripture onto plain Tissue Wrap (Tim Holtz Idea-ology) and tore it out carefully.  I thought the background might be too dark so added some white paint lightly in the center area.  I attached the scripture with Distress Collage Medium Matte under and over the tissue wrap.  I actually got it on slightly crooked, which completely bugged me so I trimmed the panel a little to straighten it, attached it to black cardstock and sewed it.  Finally I underlined some words I thought were important with a black permanent pen.  Over time I'm going to be doing more of these cards.  I'm thinking I'll maybe bind them into a book but not sure about that yet.



1 comment:

Let's Art Journal said...

Sorry to hear you've been so unwell and I hope you are fully recovered soon! The panel is so beautiful with the brightly coloured background and verse - amazing 😁. I'm loving your stitching around the edge too! Get well soon and wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊